Greetings from the Navajo Reservation


My name is Andi Kovacs and I am the administrator of Summit Training Post located in St. Michaels, Arizona on the Navajo Reservation. I moved out here almost 4 years ago and what a joy it is to be doing the work that God has called me to do.

I have had the joy and privilege of being in a church called King’s Cathedral which is were the Hutchinson’s also went and our relationship began. I was there when God called them both into full time ministry, and the pastor of the church was taken home to be with the Lord with no warning. I have seen what God is doing and what He has already done, and have seen the formation of Center of Unbroken Praise, Summit Training Post, Summit School of Ministry & Performing Arts, World Wide Window Media, Herb Hutchinson Ministries and S.A.L. Ministries International. I have seen the Spirit of God move and pour forth a vision to the man and woman of God that He has called and who said “yes” to the call.

I remember when Bishop Hutchinson began to speak forth the word of God that we were to be “a window of opportunity to the nations.” I remember the first time we heard about Window Rock, Arizona (the capitol of the Navajo Reservation.) I have seen the struggles and the victories, and am honored to be just where I am in my little trailer at Summit Training Post. I had thought I was set for life living in my condominium in Mays Landing, New Jersey then there was an interruption in my life and a burden developing and a call that I was feeling. This was confirmed by Bishop and so off I went to the REZ.

Since I have been here many things have happened and the Spirit of God is moving and touching many especially the children that we work with. God has moved through Camp Native America, concerts and other activities. We formed THE STP REZ KIDZ. I get to watch the kids as they learn and grow. I see children praying. I find children that are not afraid to pray and will pray anywhere we are. They went out to do ministry for the first time and touched the lives of the seniors that were present. Under Summit School of Ministry & Performing Arts, I teach violin, voice and piano. We also have a Practical Theology Course as an extension of Wagner Leadership Institute. In the spring we will have our first graduates of which I am one. I also am secretary of “The Navajo, Resource, Conservation and Development,” an organization working in areas on the reservation to help improve the economy of life through farming, community development, grazing etc.

I have watched over these past 22 years as the Spirit of God has given direction and it has been followed. S.A.L. Ministries International is an organization I can see that has been birthed through Bishop by the Holy Spirit and I am honored to be a part. I would encourage anyone that is not a part to pray about joining and see what God is doing as spheres join with other spheres of influence to change lives as Joel said in 3:14 “Thousands upon thousands are waiting in the valley of decision. There the day of the Lord will soon arrive.” They wait to learn of the Kingdom of God and all that He has for us, His body, as it is brought forth to all nations.

Thank you and God bless you! Andi Kovacs

No comments: